Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Perception = Reality

Just now I went out with my good friend for supper. We actually seldom spend time together going out "yam cha" just to chit chat. Usually we just meet and talk to each other during classes or meetings.


This supper has indeed let me knows my friend better. We talked a lot and shared a lot of our personal stuff. Through our conversation, I actually realised something. I may have quite a number of best friends in life, but how much do I truly understand each of them? How much do I truly know their life well? How have them been doing? What are they up to? What problems do they face? And so much more...

Everyone live in this life with their own perspectives. And this perspective creates their reality in life. For example, the way I define beautiful and they way you interpret beautiful is different. And what you believe in your perception regarding something is what that makes up your life. Or in another words - your reality.


The truth is there is no right or wrong perception. There's only how we accept other perceptions which are different from ours. Sometimes, I'm being blinded by my own perception thinking that I'm right. But actually I'm just being too narrow-minded.

The conversation with my friend made me realized that there are a lot of things which I actually don't know especially human beings and I must see things from their perspectives as well. I cannot just make my own conclusion/assumption based on what I thought. I should stand in their shoes.

It was indeed a worthy supper I should say because I learnt something from it. Besides, I really love to hang out with my friends. =)


1 comment:

Sicreci said...

+Yep, evryone has their own point of views.
+Well, I have a friend that knows me better than anyone else.
+But sad to say, I realized I barely knows him.
+He's alwiz ther 4 me regardless of my decisions.
+I felt bad not caring enuf, not asking enuf about him, but then he assured me that it's ok.
+That me chatting wif him is the best help I cud giv, that I dun rly hev 2 noe wot's bothering him, stuff like that, coz he say he'll 4get about it when he talks 2 me.
+So that kinda lessen my guilt, but I wish I cud do more.
+It's juz different ppl, different views after all. Sumtimes wot they wan r juz the simple thgs.
+Today's yesterday's tomorrow, or tomorrow's yesterday? It's the same either way, juz in a different order. Hehe...^^