Monday, April 13, 2009

3 kinds of people in this world

Yesterday I chatted with my brother in msn and suddenly something struck my mind when he shared his thoughts with me. Here's the conversation between us.


Me: ur project done d ar?

Kor: not yet. i think cannot finish on time liao. so, just go show wat i can. well..... it has always been this way

Me: huh? jz show wat u can? itulah... last min work

Kor: aiya....... in the end the only thing that suffer is my grade. after that, maybe difficulty in securing a job in the future.

Me: u know also

Kor: but apart from that..... all that i'm doing now.......... is USELESS. u think all that u are learning can be used in everyday life? all will go to NOTHING

Me: but the 2 things u mentioned jz now are the most fundamental thing for ur future

Kor: itulah

Me: of course i know what i learn is not necessarily applicable

Kor: my sistah still dun understand much about life

Me: but it is to secure for a good paying job. then share with me what u think

Kor: u r like everyone else. living for the future. there are 3 kinds of people in this world. the first who live in the past. Regretting all for his past that cannot be turn around again. the second is the normal type of ppl, the one who live for the future. Always think and plan ahead..... making the right decision to optimize and maximize their things. the last..... are those who live in the present.

Me: so i guess u r the type that live in the present

Kor: those who look around them..... Observing the change, the movement, the placement, and environment around them. ya. but it is not easy to do that..... for you may leave behind more regret in the end.....but I personally feel, I would just do what I want and what I feel like doing. think too much and plan too much..... not really my style lar...

Me: got it. that's the normal u... ok. i gtg sleep now. it's real "early". u betta go sleep. if not u wan to do anything u like also susah without enuf rest.

Kor: betul tu...

Me: bye....

Kor: okok...


My brother is not someone who is not capable to reach the top. It is the matter of whether he wants or not. He chose to live simple, in the present and not for the future. That's why he has a care free life. For most of us, I think we live for the future and I cannot deny that I, myself is also in this category. But at the same time, I enjoy my life as well. It all depends on how we carry ourselves. For those of you who are very stressed up with your lives, maybe you can get something out of this. ^^

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with your brother to some extent...we should live in the present but at the same time we need to plan ahead as well..as the saying goes 'learn from the past, live in the present, strive for the future'

Stefienoki said...

ya.. but mostly, ppl live for the future... planning ahead is good but my bro has his own way of thinking... we live and die. so what's life all about? this is why he is not thinking like normal ppl do. to strive for the future.

my bro is somehow different. haha... but ur comments are good words of advice for me. thx.