Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo


Another anime that I have finished watching for this week! The title for this anime is as what is written for this post's title. In translation, it means "The Promise I Made Over This Blue Sky". Sounds meaningful huh? Indeed, it is.


The main focus of this anime is on FRIENDSHIP. It tells the tales of 6 best friends and a teacher who stayed together in Tsugumi Dormitory. The strength of the friendship they hold for each other is so strong that it makes them feel like a family. A family that can't go on without each other.


The main character here is Wataru Hoshino and the story reflects on each one of them, their lives and how they encountered him. For the first few episodes, the show might be a little boring but the climax is at the end! When you've finished watching all, you'd know exactly what the director is trying to bring out. You can check it out from here.


Upon watching it, reflection appeared. Reflection on myself, my life. The friendship they have is the one I always long for. It's a friendship that will last forever. And friends that can always be together, never apart. Friends who commit themselves to this relationship and doing their best to maintain it.

But it shows the reality too. That one day, someday, no matter when or where, we have to leave... waving goodbyes to each other and moving forward. Some may remain staying in the same place, some may not. But one thing for sure, there is not a single person who will remain static at the origin point.

I admit that to be able to move forward is good. But not to be able to maintain a friendship is sad. It makes me cry thinking of it. I have best friends whom I really love and we play our part well to maintain the relationship. Nonetheless, I also have friends who were once very close, but didn't try to maintain the bond we have had. This saddens me. Really. No matter how hard I tried, it just didn't work out.

I strongly admire the characters in this anime, the promises they made for each other even if they are to be apart, going their own directions. But life is life. It's reality and it's never perfect.


~FRIENDSHIP: I TRULY CHERISH~

3 comments:

YingChoon said...

i never watch anime. But i gonna watch this after final. hahaha!!!

Sicreci said...

+Nice, ought 2 chek it out. ^^

Stefienoki said...

Ying Choon: Good! I'm sure you'll find it nice!

Penthius: Haha... this one you shud like too coz only 13 episodes... short and simple..