Monday, May 21, 2012

The Last Week

For the first time, I feel sad to leave UM. This week is the last week of my final semester. Time really passes very fast. By the time I get to breathe properly, it’s already week 14. Couldn’t really grasp what I’ve been through this semester. Attended Japanese class this semester. The nicest class of all. The class that I will miss the most too! Had a very nice Japanese teacher. Sweet and lovely. This time is for real that I’m going to leave schooling life forever. I usually felt sad when I was going to leave my schools – primary (MGS 2), secondary (MGSS), pre-university (MHS) and now UM. I really enjoyed my studies life a lot. Nevertheless, we have to move on.

Last Friday, I was in the hospital for almost 12 hours. My aunt a.k.a mom was admitted for minor stroke. I brought her to see the doctor at Mahkota Hospital. Doctor advised her to be admitted for proper monitoring and check ups. However, a deposit fee of RM5000 is required! Gosh, it was late night around 11pm. Where could we get so much cash in hand at that moment? This hospital is really focusing on making profit rather than saving patients. So we shifted to general hospital. It is a widely known facts to Malaysians that the government hospital is super slow. We went there at 12am but my aunt only got to be admitted at 4am. And there weren’t many people at that time. Why did we need to wait for 4 hours?? Couldn’t really sleep that night. Reached home around 5.30am. Slept at 7am to do homework. Woke up at 10.30am. Started to look for information and contacts of acupuncture doctor. It was said to help stroke patients to recover. Aunt was well monitored by the doctors in general hospital. At 2pm, doctor said she could be discharged. So we went there to get the procedures done. And again, I waited from 2pm to 7pm just for my aunt to discharged. Why the heck do we need to wait  for 5 hours just to be discharged???! And that also we did not get the report. It was only after 9pm that we could get the report of my aunt’s condition. I understand that there are many patients in GH but the slowness wasn’t caused by the number of patients. It was caused  by the inefficient system that the government hospital is running on. Saddened by this condition, I promised myself that I’m going to earn lots of money and never again let my family members to go to GH.

No comments: