Tuesday, July 6, 2010

MGS --> MHS --> UM

I had a little gathering with F6 friends yesterday. We had our dinner in Wong Kok Char Chan Teng, DP. I remembered the last gathering we had was in May when we went for steamboat. It feels like such a looooooooongggggggggggggggg time ago. We talked and shared a lot during the dinner and it feels so nice hanging out with them! ^^


After the dinner, we watched The Back-Up Plan. This movie is funny! We laughed like mad people in the cinema. Haha... And no doubt, our gang made the most noise (laughed the loudest) throughout the whole show.


I always love to hang out with this bunch of friends because being with them reminds me of our time spent when we were in school. I love school life. And this love will never change. I love MGS; the school itself, the environment, the sports day, my friends and teachers and my life during those 5 years.

I love MHS too but not the school. But I love the teachers in MHS more. They are more dedicated, patient, and extremely good in teaching! If I weren't there for 2 years in F6, I wouldn't be who I am today. And of course not forgetting the friends I made in MHS especially my beloved classmates. 17 girls + 2 boys. Haha... The boys were like the roses among the thorns. Oops! I think should be the thorns among the roses. LOL! Anyhow, we treated them like our "ji mui". I wonder is this a good news or bad news for them. =p

As for now, I've entered UM for 2 years. I have 2 years more to go. But I don't have any feeling for UM at all. UM was indeed my choice and if I were to choose again, I would still choose UM. But the sense of belonging is just not in me. Recently, I saw my senior's status in FB saying that she misses UM and I commented, "come switch with me". It was a prompt statement and I realised how much I don't love UM at all.

It is weird because I'm a person who loves going to school but now I don't like going back to UM. I really don't know why. Perhaps I just can't feel the bond I have with the lecturers and friends there. I have many friends there but not as close as those I have in hometown. And the lecturers, needless to say are just talking + reading machines that work only during work hours.

I know the university style of education is like that but I just don't like it. Because I can't feel any warmth from the lecturers. But teachers are different. They treated us like their children, their friends and not only taught us the subjects of studies, but life's lesson as well. They can share their experiences and stories with us just like a family. I guess this impacted a lot on me.

Although I spent lesser time in F6, approximately 1 and a half years, my feeling is stronger for it compared to UM which I have spent approximately 2 years as well. I enjoyed my life in UM getting to know new friends, doing crazy things with them, being able to perform and do things I that I dreamt of before, but now when I needed to go back, I feel reluctant. Why is this happening?

And I guess I'm the 1st person who would describe UM as PRISON. Less freedom probably because of no car to drive there. I'm a heavy socializer, of course I can't stand being trapped in UM or in the hostel or in the soon-to-stay house everyday. Even when I'm back in hometown, I hardly stay at home everyday. Perhaps making myself busy is the solution. We'll just wait and see how will I spend my another 2 years in UM. Hope it will be a fun, exciting, and extraordinary life!

No comments: