Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chatted with my brother 3 weeks ago when I was having my final exam. This was the summary of our conversation.

Me: I’m goin to finish my finals soon. Dunno wat to do.

Him: Enjoy until u dunno how to enjoy anymore.

At that time, I didn’t really understand what he meant by that. But now, I understood his meaning. Only 2 weeks have passed since my last day of exam and now I don’t really know how to enjoy anymore.

Previously, enjoyment to me was simple. Hanging out with friends, going out for “yam cha”, singing in KTV, watching movie in cinema, writing posts in blog, reading books, playing badminton, shopping with family and friends, spending time at home with family, simply travelling around and sleeping.

Within the past 2 weeks, I’ve done most of the activities. Somehow I don’t really get so excited as before. Then I realized what he really meant because at one point of time, I seriously couldn’t feel any enjoyment in the things I did.

It’s not because I’m bored of doing those things mentioned above. I guess it’s my wounded heart that has taken everything away. I do not know how long will it take to heal. But for one thing I know, the wounded part will leave a scar. A scar that will always remind me of those painful lessons.

No comments: