Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The First Step

The story goes like this...


During exam period, most of us stayed at home to study and didn't go out to eat. So we produced lots of rubbish. It can piled up to many bags of rubbish and no one even bothers to bring them out of the house to throw into the dustbin. Of course I can't stand this situation even if it was just ONE bag full of rubbish.

But I waited. I wanted to see who would take the initial action to throw it. Even when most of them did step out of the house excluding me who has been prisoned in the house for 2 days, no one takes the action. In the end, I gave up. I planned to throw the rubbish after I came back home from exam. Ironically, I saw 2 of my nursing housemates threw the rubbish.

I felt delightful because at least some of them play their roles in maintaining the cleanliness of the house. But at the same time I felt ashamed of myself. Why do I need to wait for others to take the 1st step? Why not me who do it?

My pharmacist roommate and I get along quite well with my nursing housemates but my other roommates which are my coursemates too, don't get along well with them. After they threw the rubbish, they told me, "I think your roommates are not like girls, in fact you behave more like a girl rather than them."

Why do they said so? Usually I clean the house most of the time if you did follow my blog for the previous posts. My nursing housemates know it because they have eyes to see. Although my appearance looks like a boy, but my behaviour is not. I didn't know how to response but I was quite happy to hear it because it indicates that I'm a hygienic and responsible person.

It also shows that I'm a totally different person from my other roommates/coursemates. That's why I can get along well with friends from other streams including my housemates. In fact, I talk more with my pharmacist roommate and nursing housemates. I hardly talk to my room/course mates.

Again it all comes back to the world where I belong. I never like staying with my current coursemates because I know I have a gap with them. I'm so much different from them in terms of thinking, attitudes, behaviours and personality. I really didn't know how I ended up with them. Perhaps we do have some similarities but very little.

A lesson for myself today:
Take the first step.
Don't wait for others.
Forgive and forget.
Do more, expect less.
Be happy and make others happy! ^^

2 comments:

Sicreci said...

+Haha, it's not about the girl thg izit? I thk my bf is neater than me anytime, haha..
+I won't say I'm messy, I juz hate to clean after someone's else mess, I wud mess up the place, but I will clear it as well.
+C the thg wif my sis is, she throws her rubbish evrywher, it's nt that I can't help her 2 throw, but it's about disciplining her, thg is, I alwiz end up throwing it, bcoz she's juz so stubborn headed.
+My mum has trained me that way, that I picked up my own mess, nt wait 4 her 2 clear it for me, perhaps they're simply like my sis, dah kuansi, u noe? Made a habit that ppl pik up after them.
+Well, can oni suk it all in, wait 4 her 2 throw the pig can fall from the sky. Lol.=P

Stefienoki said...

haha... ya la.. i think they used to it.. knowing someone will clean for them after messing up the place...

but my nursing housemate mentioned that phrase was bcoz, among all my roommates, I look the coolest (the paling man gal), so they din expect the most manly gal in fact is the one that do the chores which people labelled as being more girlish...

Actually she said that was becoz she never seen them clean the house b4... so out of anger after throwing the rubbish, she said that out lo...