Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chill

A few days ago, a "Tukang Urut" came to my house to give my aunt a massage on her legs to relieve the pain due to old age. His job is to travel to people's houses and provide massage services. He charges RM20 per person and because of his good skills, he has many customers. Let me tell you, he is earning like mad!!


Why do I say so? Let me perform some simple calculations here. On average, he has around 10++ customers per day. Lets say to make it easy, we assume he massages 10 people per day, it means that he earns RM200 per day. Lets say 1 month = 30 days, he earns RM6000 per month. Even if you deduct weekends for break, he is still earning around RM4000 per month. The good news here is he doesn't even need to worry about paying tax! No shop lot, little investment, no legal license required.

Compare with a degree holder who works in an office earning almost the same amount or maybe less. What's the point if you graduate with 4.0 or first class honour and in the end you end up working with a bank or in any company which only pays you around that amount?

Even a person who doesn't have any degree can sometimes earn more than you. Success cannot be measured by the grade you obtain during school life. The grade is only a scale that labels how well you can memorize or understand the subject you are learning.

But of course, I didn't say that you need not work hard or give up your studies. Everyone had their own aims in life. I don't stress myself to study. Whenever I do anything, I do with my whole heart. So I give my best shot in everything. Whatever the outcome is, it is the result of my ability and effort which I put in. Hence, I won't feel that I'm wasting my time in this life. And when you do something with your whole heart, you'd feel happy in doing it. Not forcefully.

I hope this post might enlighten some of you who are stressed up with studies. Gambate! ^^

1 comment: