Friday, April 18, 2008

Unexpected Call

Yesterday I received an unexpected phone call from an officer of PBSM for Malacca branch. His job mostly is to keep in touch with the secondary school students for any PBSM events. Of course, upon receiving his call, I knew it wouldn't be something good because he always likes to ask students to join many activities organized by PBSM of Malacca branch. When he talked to me... Bingo! I was right about it. He asked me to go for a meeting at 5pm and usually he always likes to ask at the last minute. When he informed me about this, it was already 4pm. I wanted to reject him by saying I didn't have any transport but it was useless because he said, "Never mind, I can fetch you!"... -_-"' Well then, I had nothing to say but to accept because no matter what, he is still an officer, so I should respect him. I asked him what should I do in the meeting and guess what he told me, "You just go there to warm up the chair." I was like, "Huh??"(feeling sweat)"'. Since so, I just followed him there and did what I supposed to do. The meeting, of course was boring because it involved officers, teachers and a few students. However, students went there were just to warm up the chairs(although there were not enough chairs to sit). Haiz... luckily, there were some funny quotes throughout the meeting made by those people discussing about a camp they planned to carry out next week.


There were a few late comers but there was one who attracted my attention the most. He is a teacher, a malay guy. He came into the room wearing a sunglasses. Can you imagine a person wearing a sunglasses during a formal meeting?! Oh, my goodness... I thought to myself, "The sun is shining so brightly"...haha!



"Man in Black" =p...wakaka

The discussion went on and as they were discussing about the food they would prepare for the students during the camp, a funny expression came out. The leader for this food preparation is En Sawi. As they were choosing the suitable food, then the director said, "En Sawi tak pernah masak sawi." Everyone laughed loudly... hahaha!

After that, they discussed about the security of the students. One of them said, "Takut budak waktu malam mengingau dan jalan keluar seorang diri." Then another one continued, "Ya, nanti jalan terus balik ke rumah. Haha..."

Next, they talked about the timing of the whole programme. They touched on dinner. For this coming camp, they set the dinner time at 8.45pm which I think is quite late. The director also felt so. Thus, he suggested that for the tea break time, "...makanan bagi heavy sikit." Then En Sawi replied in a humorous way, "Heavy? Apa itu? Berat ke?" @@

They also talked about the activities for the students. They suggested that to let the students go for jungle trekking at night as this activity has been carried out before during the children camp and was named "Sesi Burung Hantu". Then again En Sawi said, "Budak kecil pun ada sesi burung hantu, ini budak sekolah menengah mestilah adakan satu aktiviti seperti itu, mungkin boleh dinamakan Sesi Beruang ke?(lol)... kasi budak masuk tasik je..." Kakaka...

For every camp, they will plan a night for some sort like a campfire. Then the director said, "...masa perkhemahan budak sekolah rendah, mereka ada Malam Seribu Bintang." Then again En Sawi said, "Wah, Malam Seribu Bintang... boleh cungkil bakat. Kalau ada karaoke lagi sedap...!"

It looked like En Sawi was trying to be the outstanding entertainer during the meeting by saying lots of funny expression although some jokes were cold. -_-"' Anyway, because of him, the meeting wasn't so dull lo... but I was really there just to warm up the chair. How sweat...

No comments: