Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Creative Programme Books

Since I was young, I always like to keep a collection of creatively designed programme books of many events which I've attended. I still remember the first event which I have attended when I just got into the secondary school. It was a gathering organised by my school PBSM. They invited PBSM of other schools to join and have fun together. It was something like social activity which let students from various schools to exchange knowledge and interact with each other. At that time, I was only in Form 1. So, I was just an amateur who did not know much. All I knew was just to attend the gathering since I was a member of PBSM. However, it was fun to join in because they carried out many fun games. The theme for the gathering was "Ocean Deep". Hence, this is how their programme book looks like:


Later on, when I was in Form 4, my school PBSM combined with GBS PBSM to organise a combine meet. This time I involved myself in it because I was one of the committee members. It was really tiring to organize such programme but at the end of the day, I gained satisfactory because I could learn many things. At that time, I was put to in-charge of the nametags, meaning I was required to create and design nametags for the committee members and also those students who were going to take part in the combine meet. Luckily, I had a group of capable teammates who have helped me out with this. Overall, the combine meet was a success although it was not that perfect and smooth. I like the programme book designed by my friends. Our theme was "The Mystery of The Ocean". This is how the book looks like:



After I have left my secondary school, I went to high school. I remained loyal and joined PBSM in high school. In year 2007, we organized a campfire. I did not really involve much in it because I wasn't being supportive to my members. They planned mostly everything last minute and I was doubting whether this campfire could really be carried out smoothly. I am a fussy person so I do not like to organise event by planning everything last minute. However, I regret for not taking part because my team members have proven to me that they could do it last minute and the campfire turned out to be a success. Their starting was great and even until the end, all the participants had fun and wouldn't want to leave. I only helped out very little just a few days before the campfire for the decoration. Despite this, my team members didn't blame me or hate me for not joinning them fully to make this campfire a success. Thus, I really regret and felt guilty and sorry to them because I have abandoned them when they needed me the most. If I could turn back the time, I wish I could take part fully and sacrifice for it. They were such wonderful friends for being so forgiving. Since then, I always remind myself not to hurt any of my friends' feeling and to always cherish them as a treasure in my heart. I can't really remember what was the theme for our campfire but I know it was something connected to scary stuff. Here are 2 pictures of the programme book:






If you do read my post on "A Charity Show", I think you would know an event called "Xing Guang". I went for this year and last year too. However, this year was really much worse compared to last year. Last year, one of the emcees was quite good. Overall, there was not much technical problem. Their programme book was unique and nice. These are how the book looks like:


Actually, there were still many events and activities which I've taken part in or attended before but because I did not take any pictures of them, I don't want to mention much about them. So, that is all for now. Hope you enjoy viewing it!^^

1 comment:

TakeWay said...

eesh, that was the time ur heart was kidnapped by *ahemahem*. lol.