Friday, April 25, 2008

Lucky?! Am I?

While I was walking around in Mahkota Parade with my parents just now in the afternoon, we passed by the stage and at the front of it, there was a fair going on carried out by ING, an insurance company. There were games for people to play and win prizes as well. And they were all for free.

When we passed by for the 1st time, they kept asking me to take part but I rejected and went on my way(I was hungry and hunting for food at that time...hehe).

After we've taken our lunch, we passed by for the 2nd time and this time again, they asked me to join. Since it was just playing some games, so I agreed. I sat down in front of a computer and started playing maze game. I was required to answer the questions given in order to open all the doors to reach the ending point. I only have 3 chances to answer wrongly and the winner will be based on the fastest person who reaches the ending point.

Upon finishing, I found out that my time was 52 seconds while the one sitted next to me only took 28 seconds -_-"'(Looks like I'm not good with games... paiseh, paiseh..).

Then, I was asked to play another game which was car racing using remote control. The rule was to finish 2 laps in the fastest time. At first I really don't feel like playing(I'm not good at this kind of game). And to make it worse, I saw 2 guys playing before me, can't even control properly. So I thought to myself it must be very hard... hmm...I wanted to leave but at that time the emcee was already asking me to get ready(I should've left earlier duh..haiz..).

So I played. 2 players at a time. It was an embarassment for me like I thought, I couldn't control the car well and it encountered many "accidents". There were many people watching too. Tsk. Paisehnyer...@@

After finishing, they asked me fill in my particulars and said if I win, they will contact me. In my mind I thought, "Impossible la..." . Then I continued my shopping and after about half and hour, I received a phone call. To my surprise, it was a call from them!!! They told me that I've won a prize! And asked me to go and claim my prize there. I was like, "Huh?! Really?".

So I went there again to take my prize. I was given a sports racing car with remote. In fact, I think all their prizes were made up of these...haha. I asked the person in charge, "How come I can win so easily?". Guess what she replied, "There were very few participants only."(with a smile). We shook hand and took a photo. I think that was for their publicity.

When I left, I saw the same person whom I raced car with just now and he won himself a prize too, same as mine. I think they just wanted to give out their prizes so that they can advertise for their company and didn't really mind the timing of our games. If not, how can I win?? Lucky? Haha...If I wasn't pull by them to play the games, I would return home empty-handed.

My prize...yeah!!!

P.S.: Although it was not something valuable, this was the 1st time I won a prize just by simply playing some games. I'm happy with it. ^^

1 comment:

hwei said...

wah bahagianya! now energetic enough to do my tag? =P