Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Do It!

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not advertising for Nike. Don’t you think this phrase is powerful? In a sense that if you dare to follow.

I came across this song and a phrase quoted by my friend in FB.

“Dream what you want to dream;
go where you want to go;
be what you want to be;
because you have only one life
and one chance to do all the things
you want to do.”
Quoted from Dr. Choong Kwai Fatt

Most people tend to choose the path that is made ready for them. We would go for the safer side, a path which we thought would give us a better future. Most people sacrifice their dreams just to take this path, thinking that their dreams are vague, hard to chase, grey future, not a smooth path, or even unobtainable.

But most people don’t realize their true potential. Because they just don’t believe in themselves. Restricting and limiting yourself is like putting a big rock in front of you that stop you from going further. Then, you turn to an alternative road which you may not really like. Confidence is an important element in supporting your belief towards your ability.

Since I was young, I was being brought up in the way that a typical family would do. Go to school, get good result, obtain scholarship, receive a degree certificate, find a good job, earn money and build a family. It seems almost like a routine for me. And I believe I’m not the only one who is being brought up this way.

It’s not a bad thing to have guidelines in our lives so that we know the direction of the place that we are heading to. But those are just guidelines. Not the perfect answer to your life’s journey.

There are also numerous successful people out there. These are the people who dare to take the risk. Who dare to do something different. Who dare to follow their dreams. Who dare to say, “Just do it!”

I want to be one of them.

No comments: