Thursday, October 21, 2010

Postcard

Maybe some of you might think that this is just a normal card. In this modernized era, everything can be sent electronically across the countries. It is faster, easier, and cheaper. But sometimes it is not all these that counts. It is the essence of sending the physical postcard itself.


When my best friend went to Japan for an exchange programme, I didn't request him to buy me any souvenir, instead I only asked for one thing - "Send me a postcard from Japan"


Maybe you might feel weird why I didn't request for a souvenir or gift but only a postcard. This is because the postcard itself is a precious gift to me. It is not only about the postcard, but the feeling of happiness upon receiving it, seeing it appear in your mail box.


It actually shows that the person you care, is living safely there. A simple message written on a simple card means a lot. The message is somehow the words which come from a true heart, who remembers you even if he or she is at a far away place.


Of course you can say that we can keep in touch with each other through MSN, FB and so on. But again I would say, it is the essence of sending the postcard physically through traditional mail.


Some things still exist in this world because it has its own value that is worthy for us to preserve it, despite having being replaced much with high technology stuff. One example is what I'm blogging on now, postcard.


Have you ever wonder, why is postcard still existing in this world even though there is email, electronic card and so on that can replace it?


Because it still has its value in it which is worth preserving for. It depends on how you look at it, but for me, definitely it's a precious one. ^^

No comments: