Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Earthquake

Yesterday morning I went to a medical company for audit. Our work place is on the 9th floor. When I was sitting down doing my work, suddenly I felt the table and the building shook and I thought I was dizzy. But when my colleagues asked “Can you feel the building is shaking?” Then we realized it was earthquake. We were quickly being asked to evacuate the building and go to the ground floor out of the building. So, we and all other employees walked all the way down the stairs in a relaxed mode as if nothing happens. Then, we waited for instructions. The security guard told us that he called the weather research department to ask about the situation and he was being told that it is safe as the earthquake was at 5.6 Richter scale – a safe condition.

I personally think that it is still safe for now but in the near future, who knows. Geographical condition might change. The landscape might change. Well, it was an unforgettable experience for me.

No comments: