Monday, February 21, 2011

CariBilik - Now Featuring Over 50k Rooms!!!

As a student, I’m sure all of you would experience almost similar difficulties as me when studying abroad or far away from home. One of those obstacles which you might experience is finding a place to stay if you are not staying in hostel. I encountered this problem when I was planning to move out from hostel one year ago. However, I was fortunate at that time because my friends were moving out too. I didn’t even need to search for any rooms because they did all the jobs from searching to inspecting the houses and rooms. I just needed to say, “OK!”

I always love to go for vacation with my friends. The two main problems that we always faced when planning a trip are accommodation and transportation. Usually transportation can be easily settled when one or two of us can drive our cars. Accommodation is a big issue when money is a concern. We cannot stay in luxury, expensive hotel. Hence, we are always looking for a budget inn or a homestay to stay. It’s not an easy job to find although there are many websites offering this service. Sometimes due to limited knowledge about the places that we are going, we need to find a place where it’s the centre of attraction. This can make our travel becomes more convenient.

Recently, I found a website which I think is very useful for me. The link to this website is http://www.caribilik.my/

What I like about it:

1) It offers many rooms for rent with detailed information regarding each room.

2) It also offers short term rentals, which I labelled it as homestay. This means that we can actually find houses or rooms to rent for one or two days if we are planning to do any event or going for a trip anywhere and yet we don’t want to stay in a hotel because we want to spend time together like a family in a comfortable house. I have done this before with my friends when we went for vacation. It really feels nicer compared to staying in a hotel or a budget inn.

3) Each elaboration comes with photos of the rooms or houses with the images of the beds in them.

4) You can search for rooms easily according to the place you want as labelled by them.

5) The rooms are categorized into “most bookings” and “cheapest rental” which make your search easier depending on which type you prefer.

6) There is a map shown for each place that you are looking at to enable you to know the location of the rooms or houses.

7) There is also a calendar showing you the availability of the rooms or houses for rent.

8) You can make instant booking through the website.

9) Besides looking for rooms, you can also post your rental if you have any rooms or houses to be let out.

What I dislike about it:

1) It doesn’t offer an advanced search with detailed specifications like some other websites. Thus, we’ll need to spend longer time to browse through the available rooms or houses before we can get to find a suitable one.

2) It only offers rooms or houses to rent but doesn’t include shops, offices, factories or warehouses which I think is useful for people doing business.

3) Only rentals are available. It doesn’t come with choices of those for sale.

4) The website doesn’t look attractive enough and I think the coverage areas are somehow limited to high traffic places.

No comments: